The timeframe to submit ODT request for the 2022-2023 SY is July 5, 2022 - July 31, 2022.
2022-2023 Out-of-District Transfer Permit Request Procedures listed below:
- Before an ODT Permit Request can be considered, your child must be enrolled in his/her zoned school.
- If the reason for your request is child care or the victim of a crime, you must provide the required documentation listed on the form. Incomplete requests are not accepted.
Required Documentation (determined by reason for request):
- Child Care – (Elementary and Middle School Students only) A notarized statement from the child care provider that verifies the students attendance/enrollment along with verification of work hours on employer's stationary.
- Moving from one school attendance zone to another within the City of Norfolk during the school year (new address verification documents)
- Victim of a crime – requires documentation from court or police
The Department of Student Support Services (DSSS) does NOT accept ODT permit requests for the following schools/programs:
- Pre-School - Early Learning Title I
- Academy for Discovery at Lakewood (Application based-Processed at the school)
- Southside STEM Academy at Campostella
- Crossroads Lottery - (Processed at the school)
- Chesterfield Academy (Application - Processed at the school)
- Ghent - (Application - Processed at the school)
- Academy of International Studies at Rosemont
- Specialty Programs (example: IB program, Dodson Scholars, ESL (Application - processed at the school)
- Athletic Placements
- Special Education Placement (Special Education Department)
- Madison Alternative
- McKinney Vento - Ta-Tanisha Walton -Early Learning and Title I
- Norfolk Technical School
- Open Campus
- Granby Evening School
* If the school that you desire is not listed in the dropdown menu, that means that we do not have available space at that school/grade for out-of-district students.
If your ODT is approved please be prepared to verify your at the school with the appropriate address verification documents:
Proof of Residence – Only 1 item is required from the list below (DMV identification card or driver’s license is not an acceptable form of address verification) Current Utility Bill – Power, gas, water or sanitation bill must list the parent(s)/legal guardian(s) name and the address of residence.
Mortgage Statement or Current Lease – must list the name and contact information of the landlord, address of property, date of occupancy or current date, amount of rent paid, renter’s name (parent(s)/legal guardian(s), and contact information on company letterhead. (Please contact the school for further assistance, as needed.)
It is a Class 4 misdemeanor for knowingly making a false statement concerning the residency of a child in a particular school division or school attendance zone if the purpose is to avoid tuition or to enroll a student in a school outside the attendance zone in which the student resides.