The NPS Accounting Department processes general ledger entries, grant reimbursements, accounts receivable, fixed assets, federal impact aid, rentals, accounts payable, and account reconciliations. Accounting coordinates the annual financial audit and coordinates all banking relationships. General accounting means we keep the “books” for the entire district. Accounts Payable is responsible for paying all commercial vendors. Financial Reporting presents the Assets, Liabilities, Expenses and Revenues to the public in a manner similar to private corporations. This department also audits all school activity funds. A large responsibility is to present the “books” to external auditors each year. The Accounting Department also completes the following:
- Responsible for the maintenance and accuracy of the School Division’s accounting and financial records/transactions as well as the integrity of the financial system
- Responsible for the preparation of internal and external financial reporting including the
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) and the Annual School Report (ASR).
- Responsible for management of the School Division’s cash and investments.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate disbursement of vendor payments.
- Responsible for the collection and recordation of amounts owed to the School Division.
- Responsible for monitoring all grant activities to ensure compliance with granting agency requirements.
Millard “Stan” Hobbs
Sr. Director of Accounting
800 E. City Hall Avenue, Room P-03
Norfolk, VA 23510
CAB internal – ext 21278
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.