READ MORE
  • Congratulations PO3 Daniel Garcia-Southeast Region NLCC Cadet of the Year!

    Congratulations to Lee Castillo - Virginia PTA Reflections Contest Winner - Outstanding Interpretation:  Middle School Film Production

     

    WELCOME BACK AMBASSADORS & YOUNG SCHOLARS!

    House "A"- Monday/Tuesday

    House "B"- Thursday/Friday          House "D"- All Four Days

    STUDENTS PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING TO SCHOOL:

    Class Schedule, FULLY CHARGED Chromebook, & Bottled Water

    *Breakfast and Lunch is free for ALL!

     

Upcoming Events

District Announcements

Home of the Ambassadors and Young Scholars


  • Adjusted Schedule  

    Instructional Breakdown:

    10 minutes     Review/Curriculum Catch Up

    30 minutes     Direct Instruction with Modeling and Guided Practice

    15 minutes     Modeling and Guided Practice

    30 minutes     Independent Assignment/Support with Accommodations

  • Early Release

    Instructional Breakdown:

    10 minutes     Review/Curriculum Catch Up

    30 minutes     Direct Instruction with Modeling and Guided Practice

    15 minutes     Modeling and Guided Practice

    20 minutes     Independent Assignment/Support with Accommodations

Instructional Focus:

  • Critical Thinking


    AOIS SMARTe Goal

    By the end of 2020-2021 school year, all students will show proficiency or growth according to the Virginia Reading and Math SOL assessment data. 90% of students will pass their Reading SOL and Math SOL (400 or higher), and the other 10% will show growth by improving one performance level. The following tests will have the expected rates of pass advanced: Reading 28%, Pre-Algebra 8%, EOC Math (Algebra/Geometry) 24%. Reading and Math students will exceed the proficiency percentages by 5% on the District Benchmark Assessments.

  • Our Mission 

    The mission of The Academy of International Studies at Rosemont, a cornerstone of a proudly diverse community, is to educate each student to be a successful, productive contributor to society by providing powerful teaching and learning opportunities.

     

    Guiding Principles

    • Self-Respect
    • High Expectations
    • Life Long Learners
    • Nurturing Environment
    • Team Work
    • Academic Excellence

     

    We Believe 

    • All students will learn.
    • All students will be held accountable for acceptable behavior and will respect peers and adults in accordance with PBIS (Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports).
    • All personnel within the organization will be held accountable for ensuring that decision-making is data driven and congruent with the district's vision, mission, and goals.
    • Meaningful professional development is critical to quality work performance.
    • Cultural diversity and learning styles of students will be recognized as a cornerstone of a diverse community.
    • Enhanced rigorous academic programs are essential for students.
    • Data analysis is critical to examining existing practices, programs, and initiatives for continuous improvement.
    • All students, staff, parents, and community members are ambassadors for the school system.

     

     

     

Contact Information

  • Dr. Dorie Banks, Principal
    1330 Branch Road
    Norfolk, VA. 23513

    Phone: (757) 852-4610
    Fax: (757) 852-4615

    Office Hours
    Monday-Friday
    7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.

    Student Hours
    8:15 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.

Announcements

CLOSE
CLOSE