Good Afternoon WH Taylor Parents,
This month is quickly flying by and I'm so impressed with how well our students have adjusted to their virtual learning schedules.
We have already closed out Interim Quarter 1 Grades for students in grades 1 through 5. Progress reports have been put into the mail and should be arriving in your home soon. If your address isn't correct within out system, your child's progress report will be sent back to the school. All returned mail will have to go through the address verification process.
As you know, our school board is closely examining all possibilities for a potential reopening for quarter two. At this time, I have no new news to share with you. Please monitor the district's homepage for information regarding upcoming school board meetings which will include discussions around COVID19 reopening plans. The next scheduled meeting is October 21st at 4:00pm. More information regarding board meetings, public comment options, and agendas can be found at https://www.npsk12.com/domain/859.
If the district elects to reopen schools using a hybrid/in-person model, please know that we have already taken several steps to ensure the safe return of our children to include:
1. Updates and repairs to all air filtration systems at WH Taylor.
2. Installation of Hand Sanitizer Stations on the walls.
3. Mapping of floor space and classroom seating options to ensure 6 feet of social distancing.
4. Purchase of personal protective equipment. Every child will be issued 2 cloth masks upon his/her return to school.
5. Teachers have PPE equipment and have completed COVID19 protocol trainings.
6. Adjustments to schedules to ensure that our students are not exposed to large crowds of students.
7. Monitoring all CDC recommendations and developing plans for implementation
OUR PTA NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT!
Please Sign up to be a PTA member:
Please support the WH Taylor PTA Scholastic Book Fair. It closes this week.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- October 21st, Asynchronous Learning Day - No Live Instruction - Just a quick log in to check in at 9:00am to set agenda for the day.
- Thursdays are Library Book Check out Days. At Madison Center from 11:30 - 1:30 and at the WH Taylor Bus Ramp from 2:30 - 4:00pm.
- ZOOM In YOUR COSTUME DAY! It's a Virtual Book Character Celebration. Your child can wear his/her book related costume during virtual class. These costumes cannot include any fake weapons, blood, or anything that could be considered inappropriate for school.
Your OWL Partner in Education,