Just a few reminders:
1. This week, teachers are wrapping up formal Zoom lesson sessions. Your child's teacher will let you know if they have scheduled Zooms extending beyond this week. Next week, we'd like your child/children to finish up packet material. Teachers will still be available to support your child next week, just reach out to your teacher directly for support.
2. The last day of Phase 4 packets is June 5th. We will continue to collect packets every Tuesday and Thursday from 10 - 2. We have processed most of the packets we have received so far. Your child's teacher will let you know what they have received.
3. 4th Quarter Grading: If your child has turned in packets and/or participated in Zoom sessions regularly, they will earn a P for Pass for Q4. If we haven't gotten ANY packets and have not seen your student in regular Zoom sessions, your child will receive an I for Incomplete. All Incompletes can change to a PASS if packets are received by August 28th.
4. NPS will be hosting Virtual Summer School for students in grades K - 5 who were not passing a core content (math/reading) leading up to the closure. Applications for summer school will be sent to specific students.
5. On June 11th and 12th, we will be distributing your child's personal belongings as a drive up process and collecting all remaining packets. You will drive up in the back parking lot and your materials will be brought out to you.
We are collecting: Packets, Library Books, Class Books. We are not collecting devices at this time unless you are transferring out of Norfolk Public Schools in the Fall.
If your child has medication at the school, please email me to have it ready for your drive thru pick up. It can only be given to a parent/guardian. firstname.lastname@example.org
The personal item pick up schedule for these two days is as follows:
June 11th Last Names A - E: 10:30 - 11:30
June 11th Last Names F - K: 11:30 - 12:30
June 11th Last Names L - P: 12: 30 - 1:30
June 12th Last Names Q - V: 10:30 - 11:30
June 12th Last Names W - Z: 11:30 - 12:30
June 12th Appointment Requests 12: 30 - 3:00. Please email Mrs. Feliton to set up appointment email@example.com
Thank you for your continued patience and support.
Charlene M. FelitonPrincipalW.H. Taylor Elementary1122 W. Princess Anne RoadNorfolk, VA 23507757-628-2525
Learning in Place Plans
Phase IV of the Learning in Place plan exposes students to new instructional material. It is important for students to complete these instructional activities and remain engaged in the learning process during the extended closure. Students’ completion of these assignments will be considered as part of their assessment for Quarter 4.
Students can now turn in their completed Learning in Place paper packets at school on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. A staff member will be available at each school to take the packets from students or their parents/guardians. Students may also scan their completed work in and email their teachers directly.Please make sure you save your children’s completed work, if it is not submitted on-line, as it will be collected at a later date.
Important note: Elementary packets include all core subjects plus art, music, health and physical education and gifted and English as Second Language instruction.
Need to get in touch with school faculty or staff? Find their emails HERE.