Our mission is to "Raise the Bar" so that ALL students will be well prepared for college and the world of work. This will be accomplished through rigor, relevance and relationships between all Granby stakeholders.
Our Instructional Focus Statement
At Granby High School, we will improve students' critical thinking skills through use of Kagan and cooperative learning strategies with JIGSAW, FISHBONE, and RECIPROCAL TEACHING as high yield strategies.
Goal Setting for Success in ALL Classes
Students should maintain unit test Growth and Reflection Charts in each class to track their progress and to set learning goals.
Every student should engage in writing and focused and/or sustained silent reading activities on a daily basis in every class, every day, no exceptions.
Every student will participate in Kagan/cooperative learning strategies every day, in every classroom, no exceptions.
Have no doubt!
Figure it out!
As a Professional Learning Community We Value. . .
Relationships. . .
- Honest Communication, empathy, and mutual respect
Equality. . .
- Opportunities for success for everyone
Safety and Security. . .
- A physically safe and emotionally secure environment
Pride and Professionalism. . .
- Collegiality, dependability, and selflessness
Ethics. . .
- High Standards of honesty and integrity
Community. . .
- Combined efforts to educate our students
Teamwork. . .
- Collaboration for student success