Mrs. Julie Honeycutt, Principal
1511 Willow Wood Drive
Norfolk, Virginia 23509
Phone: (757) 628-2721
Fax: (757) 628-3997
Monday-Friday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Monday-Friday: 8:55am - 3:20pm
Willard Sharks “Chomp Into Comprehension.” Students in grades Pk-2 will retell stories with detail. Students in grade 3-5 will summarize.
Willard Sharks “Chomp Into Comprehension.” Students will make measurable growth as measured by Teaching Strategies Gold (PK), PALs (PK-3), District Benchmark assessments (2-5) and SOL assessments (3-5). Students in grades PK-2 will be provided direct teaching opportunities on details to support retelling such as characters, setting, problem, solution, feeling, beginning, middle and end of stories. Students in grades 3-5 will summarize determining main idea and supporting details. Graphic organizers be used to support student learning.
Willard Elementary School's mission is...
To ensure the success of each student in a safe, stimulating, and challenging environment supported with a committed workforce that focuses on quality teaching and learning.
• All students will learn.
• All students will be held accountable for acceptable behavior and respecting peers and adults.
• All personnel within the organization will be held accountable for ensuring that decision-making is data-driven and congruent with the district's vision, mission, and goals.
• Meaningful professional development is critical to quality work performance.
• Cultural diversity and learning styles of students will be recognized, and enhanced alternative education programs are essential for students.
• Data analysis is critical to examining existing practices, programs, and initiatives for continuous improvement.
• All students, staff, parents, and community members are ambassadors for the school system