There will be a 5th Grade Virtual Promotion Ceremony! Click here to sign the digital permission slip and to submit photos of your rising middle schoolers!
LEARNING IN PLACE INFORMATION: PLEASE SCROLL TO READ ALL INFORMATION
ARE YOU MOVING OVER THE SUMMER? ARE YOU CHANGING ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS NEXT YEAR? IF SO, PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM AND BRING TO TO MS. JONES IN THE OFFICE.
YOU MAY START TURNING IN ALL COMPLETED LEARNING PACKETS ON THURSDAY, APRIL 30TH. BOXES WILL BE PLACED IN THE LOBBY OF THE SCHOOL FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE.
May 29th is the last day for your AR points to count toward this school year. Keep testing!!
TARRALLTON STRONG: WE MISS YOU (Click title to see messages from the Tarrallton Staff)
Free Summer Reading Program May 4th- September 4th
PLEASE SEE THE LINKS PROVIDED BY NURSE BOYER LOCATED AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE. (COVID-19)
1. Schools’ Office Hours
Beginning the week of April 6, principals will be holding office hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. to assist parents/guardians with enrolling new students, and picking up learning packets, medication or valuables. You will need to make an appointment with your child’s principal via e-mail before reporting to the school. Principals’ e-mail addresses are located on each school’s website.
Teachers’ Virtual Office Hours
Teachers are required to hold virtual office hours from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m., Monday through Friday for communicating with parents and students regarding learning activities. We encourage parents/guardians and students to stay in touch with their teachers.
2. The third set of Learning in Place packets with multiple lessons and activities for every subject are available on the Norfolk Public Schools website. Visit the Norfolk Public Schools website (www.npsk12.com) and click on “Learning in Place Plans.” Select your child’s appropriate level (elementary, middle or high school), and then select the grade level (Pre-K through 5) or the content area for middle and high school. You will find learning activities for Reading/English, History, Math, Science, and all of the resource areas and electives (Art, Health, Foreign Language, and Music). These learning packets are also available on the Tarrallton website(www.npsk12.com/taes) under "Our Families."
3. Meal Service Locations: Azalea Garden Middle School, Booker T. Washington High School, Camp Allen Elementary, Coleman Place Elementary, James Monroe Elementary, Lake Taylor School, Norview Elementary, Oceanair Elementary, P.B. Young, Sr. Elementary, Southside STEM Academy, Suburban Park Elementary and St. Helena Elementary.
4. Each Grade Level has a page on this site under, "Our Families." Click on the appropriate link to find activites, study guides, and videos. These items coincide with the Virginia Standards of Learning.
5. Accelerated Reader (AR) and code.org are located on the Library page. The AR link (specific to Tarrallton), code.org, and other student appropriate sites are located on that page. Please email Mrs. Ritter with questions about your AR and code.org passwords. Please note that Mrs. Ritter will only have access to passwords for students currently enrolled at Tarrallton Elementary.
6. Guide for signing on to CLEVER (CONTAINS ALL NPS IN-SCHOOL COMPUTER BASED PROGRAMS) Clever is a single-sign-on portal through NPS. When students log in to Clever, they will see all the district-wide programs like IXL, SmartyAnts, and Google Classroom. Students can access the programs with one click. Anything that the district purchased already has their login information stored, so it will log them right in when they click on the icon. It is a centralized place where they can access all the programs they use in school. Clever Sign-in page on NPS
These guides contains the state and local standards of learning in English, mathematics, science and history/social science. At the
end of each guide are helpful hints for home and provide activities to enrich, enhance, and strengthen your child's knowledge and skills in the various contents.
8. ALL SCHOOL REGISTRATION FORMS, INCLUDING PREKINDERGARTEN, ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.
9. TEACHER AND STAFF CONTACT INFORMATION IS ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THIS HOME PAGE.
10. Updated Guidelines for Specialty Programs, Spring 2020
Due to the extended school closure mandated by Governor Northam, the Specialty Program Committee has reviewed the application process and the following adjustments have been made:
· There will be no program testing;
· There will be no interviews; and
· There will be no portfolio reviews or auditions.
Each student’s application will be evaluated by using the established district rubric which includes reviewing the application information and the student’s record.
For the lottery schools: The lotteries for Academy for Discovery, Southside Stem, Ghent, and Academy of International Studies will be conducted the week of April 6, 2020.
For all programs: Students will be notified of their status for the 2020-21 school year in a mailing scheduled to be sent out on April 27, 2020.
11. TARRALLTON THROUGH THE YEAR: 2019-2020 (POWERPOINT) Download
13. NORFOLK TIDES READING PROGRAM: READ FOR TICKETS DUE BY MAY 31, 2020