Lindenwood Elementary aligns its mission with the NPS District Mission.
The mission of Norfolk Public Schools, the cornerstone of a proudly diverse community, is to ensure that all students maximize their academic potential, develop skills for lifelong learning and are successful contributors to a global society, as distinguished by:
• Courageous advocacy for all students
• Family and community investment
• Data-driven personalized learning
• Strong and effective leadership teams
• Shared responsibility for teaching and learning
• Access to rigorous and rewarding college and career readiness opportunities
Seeking Community Input: Norfolk Public Schools Corrective Action Plan/Reconstitution Agreement for School Improvement
Recently, NPS completed work with the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) on a new Corrective Action Plan/Reconstitution Agreement for School Improvement. This work captures Norfolk’s targeted steps in district turnaround based on student achievement outcomes for the city’s schools that fall under the state sanction of “Accreditation Denied” or “Partially Accredited: Reconstituted”. The plan may be found by clicking here.
An information session will be held on May 3, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. in the Auditorium.