The mission of Lake Taylor High School, the centerpiece of a Norfolk community that encourages its children to become productive citizens of a 21st century democracy, is to ensure
the continuous personal and academic growth of all students, to maintain a safe teaching and
learning environment, and to respect diversity, as evidenced by
• building interpersonal relationships between teachers and students
• facilitating the development of character and citizenship
• delivering meaningful, relevant instruction
• incorporating college and career readiness curriculum content
• offering multiple opportunities for success
• data to differentiate instruction
• providing students and staff instruction and resources that reflect current information needs and anticipate changes in technology and education
• removing barriers that will prevent students from being successful
Lake Taylor High School Titans Announcements
Bring Joy to a child this holiday season. Students, Faculty, and Staff… The Junior Class is sponsoring the Toys for Tots program. WE ARE A DROP OFF LOCATION! Please bring and drop off your new, unwrap toy to Lake Taylor High School’s Main Office, Library, or School Counseling office by Dec. 1st.
Attention LTHS Parents/Students!
Is your child enrolled in an Advanced Placement Math course?
At LTHS, we strongly believe in the positive impact that additional time on task has on skill development and AP exam performance. That is why on Saturday, November 2 from 9am until 1pm your child has the opportunity to attend a study session At Booker T. Washington High School to support their learning in one of the Math Advanced Placement courses.
We are proud to announce the selection of Jacqueline M. McCarty, Ph.D., as 2019 High School Teacher of the Year for Norfolk Public Schools.
Your Titan Family congratulates you!