Instructional Focus: Comprehension
SmartE Goal: For the 2021-2022 school year, 100% of James Monroe students will make measurable progress in reading and math. Each student will improve reading comprehension as measured by Early Literacy for PreK-1 st and Star for grades 2 nd -5 th . Improved math comprehension will be measured using Star Math for grades 2nd-5th.
At James Monroe Elementary School, we believe learning is the chief priority. All educators and stakeholders will help our scholars to achieve to their fullest potential. We will educate our scholars in a challenging, engaging, safe, and structured learning environment that provides equity for all learners. Our scholars will develop the skills and knowledge necessary to become productive citizens in an ever-changing society.
Five Goals for Achieving Equity and Excellence for All . . .
1) Work to improve students’ academic performance while integrating socialemotional learning into daily instruction.
2) Attract and retain highly qualified, effective teachers to teach our students.
3) Improve our aging infrastructure so that our students are educated in school buildings that are worthy of them.
4) Be more purposeful and strategic in developing and sustaining effective partnerships with our families and other community stakeholders.
5) Be more intentional in our efforts to foster a division-wide culture of caring.