NPS Vision: “Equity and Excellence for Each Child”
- Academic Achievement
- Attracting and Retaining Effective Staff
- Improving Aging Infrastructure
- Developing and Sustaining Community Partnerships and Engaging Stakeholders
- Creating a Culture of Caring
Mission: Ghent School's mission is to develop students who are highly motivated, mature and self-confident; who possess well-developed personal and social skills and demonstrate excellent learning behaviors.
Instructional Focus: Ghent School's Instructional Focus is "Writing in Response to Instruction". Reading is a vital component to academic success. We support this with the “Ghent Suns Are Star Readers” concept that is presented throughout the academic program and supported through our Read 14.2 push.
SMART-e Goal: All students will make at least one year's growth in reading as measured by STAR, DRA, and SOL data during the 2021-2022 school year.
- In encouraging students to effectively work independently and in teams, always showing support and concern for others.
- In establishing and maintaining our school-wide focus, "Writing in Response to Instruction" - at every grade level and in every content area - based on authentic, engaging instruction to ensure the development of life-long college and career ready learners.
- That the true measure of a school is not in its building or resources, but in the strength and effectiveness of the people who make up the school community.
Ghent Suns Are Star Readers
What is Read 14.2?