Find It Fast
Mission and Focus
NPS Vision: “Equity and Excellence for Each Child”
- Academic Achievement
- Attracting and Retaining Effective Staff
- Improving Aging Infrastructure
- Developing and Sustaining Community Partnerships and Engaging Stakeholders
- Creating a Culture of Caring
Mission: Ghent School's mission is to develop students who are highly motivated, mature and self-confident; who possess well-developed personal and social skills and demonstrate excellent learning behaviors.
Instructional Focus: Ghent School's Instructional Focus is "Reading and Writing Across Content Areas." Reading and writing are vital components to academic success. We support this with the #READy2Write emphasis that is presented throughout the academic program and supported through our Read 14.2 push.
Literacy: Grade 8 students will increase their performance on the Writing 8 SOL from 72.97% in June 2022 at least 7 points by June 2023. Black students and Students with Disabilities in Grades 3-8 will increase their Reading SOL Scores from 63% and 61% respectively in June 2021 to at least 75% by June 2023.
Numeracy: Ghent students with disabilities will increase their performance on the Math SOL from 61.36% in June 2023 by at least 8.7 points to at least 70% by June 2024.
Community Engagement: Establish and maintain at least three community partnerships while collaborating with the PTA during the 2023-2024 school year.
- In encouraging students to work independently and in teams, always showing support and concern for others.
- In establishing and maintaining our school-wide focus, "Reading and Writing Across Content Areas" based on authentic, engaging instruction to ensure the development of life-long college and career-ready learners.
- The true measure of a school is not in its building or resources, but in the strength and effectiveness of the people who make up the school community.
Comprehensive School Improvement Plan - 2023-2024