Hello Owl Families,
We made it!! Despite a few technology hiccups, it was a success. Thank you for working with our teachers as we all introduce this new platform for learning. As LEARNING COACHES, you've all done a great job!
I have just a few reminders:
1. While we hope that technology will be on our side, it may not always work that way. If ZOOM or INTERNET services go down, we will communicate immediate messages through DOJO. Please be patient, have your child read or complete asynchronous assignments and stay tuned. Like yesterday, we will let you know when we are back online.
2. You may be wondering about schedules, is your child's day too long or not enough? I've asked teachers to take this week slowly and spend time getting to know your students and setting up routines. The morning is whole group time and the afternoon will be small group and support sessions. We will work with you to extend your child's learning in addition to providing extra support. In the coming weeks, you'll get a better picture of your child's scheduling for the afternoon.
3. Open House is next week. See the flyer below. During this time, our teachers will walk you through the CANVAS platform. Please note, this platform is brand new to our teachers and we will have hiccups along the way. Please be patient with us and we promise to continuously communicate and work together for better understanding and clarity.
4. If you have concerns or questions, your first stop should always be your child's teacher. They are more than willing to support you and work through your questions. If you have questions for me, after you've worked with the teacher, please email me. DOJO is not the best way to get in touch with me.
5. What is DOJO for? DOJO is a communication tool. It is too keep you involved with the teacher's classroom and it's a school broadcasting tool. It's a great way to stay connected to school events and news.
6. We will start some testing soon. These tests will help us place your students in groups and get a better understanding of their needs. It may take teachers away from normal scheduling in the afternoon, it is a necessary scheduling change. We have to find the gaps that the spring closure may have caused and we must know how to help your child excel. Don't forget, you've signed an Academic Integrity Pledge, assuring us that the tests your children are completing are done without any help.
Again, thank you for your patience and grace as we work to make this the best virtual experience for all of our students.
Your Partner in Education with OWL Pride!