2023-24 Middle School Athletic Seasons
Fall: 8/21* - 10/26
Softball - begins 9/6
Baseball - begins 9/6
Co_ED Tennis - begins 9/6
Winter I: 10/23 - 12/13
Winter II: 2/5 - 3/28
Spring: 4/8 - 5/30
Middle School Eligibility Information
Middle School Athletics is set to return for the start of the 2023-2024 school year. A few important changes have occurred. As we prepare please take note of the important changes for the “New Season Offerings”.
1. New Season Format /Offerings: Athletic season offerings for all eligible 6th – 8th graders are listed in the table above.
2. All eligible 6th – 8th graders will participate in the athletics program at the school which they attend. For those attending specialty schools which do not offer athletics programs, athletic participation will be as follows -
- Academy of International Studies @ Rosemont will participate with Lake Taylor School.
- Southside STEM Academy will participate with Ruffner Middle School
- Crossroads School will participate with Academy for Discovery at Lakewood
- Ghent School will participate with Blair Middle School
(Information about home zoned school athletic participation and transportation can be found on our Eligibility Page)
3. All eligible 8th graders will compete for the Middle School that they attend. 8th graders who are too old (turn 15 before August 1st) for MS sports can participate at their home zoned High School in JV sports. Additionally, 8th graders may compete in their home zoned High School JV programs in the following sports -
- Field Hockey
4. Eligibility: Athletes are considered eligible after satisfying the following -
- Must have a valid Physical that is dated after May 1, 2023.
- See NPS athletic web site: Physical Schedule & Information.
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest & Concussion Preparticipation Forms
- This can be viewed on the NPS athletic web site, by clicking here
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest & Concussion Forms must be signed and dated after May 1, 2023.
- First time 6th graders are eligible to participate.
- 7th and 8th graders:
- Must pass 3 of the 5 courses from the preceding year.
- Must have been promoted to their next grade level.
For more information about eligibility: Click Here
Middle School Students: $5.00
Child (10yrs - 5yrs): $3.00
*PLEASE NOTE - All students must be accompanied by a parent/guardian while attending athletic events. Students will not be permitted into any middle school athletic event without being accompanied by a parent/guardian. One adult may accompany a maximum of 4 Middle School students.Students will be unable to purchase tickets themselves.