2021 - 2022 Middle School Athletic Season
10/25 - 12/17
2/1 - 3/11
3/14 - 5/6
5/2 - 6/10
Football Volleyball (Girls) Basketball (Girls) Field Hockey Co-Ed Tennis Softball Volleyball (Boys) Basketball (Boys) Baseball Sideline/ Competitive Cheerleading Wrestling Forensics Track (Girls) Soccer (Girls) Scholastic Bowl Sideline/ Competitive Cheerleading Track (Boys) Soccer (Boys)
Middle School Athletics is set to return for the start of the 2021-2022 school year. A few important changes have occurred. As we prepare please take note of the important changes for the “Return of Middle School Sports”.
1. New Season Format /Offerings: Athletic season offerings for all eligible 6th – 8th graders:
2. All eligible 8th graders will compete for the Middle School that they attend. 8th graders who are too old (turn 15 before August 1st) for MS sports can participate at their home zoned High School in JV sports.
- Academy of International Studies @ Rosemont will participate with Lake Taylor School.
- Southside STEM Academy will participate with Ruffner Middle School
- Crossroads School will participate with Academy for Discovery at Lakewood
- Ghent School will participate with Blair Middle School
- Must have a valid Physical that is dated after 5/1/21.
- See NPS athletic web site: physical schedule.
- Concussion Education:
- This can be viewed on the NPS athletic web site.
- Concussion Education form must be signed and dated after May 1, 2021.
- Covid-19 Education:
- Covid-19 mitigation plan will be updated as we move through the pandemic.
- First time 6th graders are eligible to participate.
- 7th and 8th graders:
- Must pass 3 of the 5 courses from the preceding year.
- Must have been promoted to their next grade level.
For more information about eligibility: https://www.npsk12.com/Page/1936
The athletic staff and teams are looking forward to “The Return of Middle School Sports”. We appreciate your diligence and patience during the past school year. Thank you for your continued support of NPS Athletics.