Return to Sports UPDATE & Upcoming Physical Information for Middle/High School Athletes
NPS athletics is gearing up for the “Return to Fall Sports”. As always student athletes are required to have a valid physical, Concussion Education Letter and Covid-19 Education form. All of these forms need to be dated and signed after May 1, 2021, prior to trying out for your sport of choice.
NPS athletics is offering on site physicals at various schools during the month of June. Check the NPS athletic page for a current list of sites/dates/times.
As a bonus, NPS Athletics has partnered with Rite Aid Pharmacy to provide Covid-19 Vaccine Shots for ALL students from ages 12-18. Rite Aid Pharmacy will participate along with School athletic physicals on June 1st at Academy for Discovery at Lakewood and June 16th at Norview High School. All interested students will need to complete the following attached forms:
- NRAD-Covid-19 Vaccine Consent
- Required insurance information Covid-19
- Shots are FREE for ALL
COVID VACCINATION FORMS
On behalf of the NPS Office of Athletics, we encourage all student athletes to visit their primary care physician for a comprehensive physical before competing in athletics. We do offer on-site physicals throughout the year (See latest schedule listed above) for individuals who cannot obtain a comprehensive physical. The cost is $20.00 (cash only). Please access the physical form (MS and HS links below) and fill out parts I, II, and IV prior to attending an onsite physical at one of our on-site locations. If any of the three parts are incomplete before attending an on-site physical, the student athlete will not be given a physical on that day. All completed physicals must be dated after May 1st, 2021.
The following guidelines are in place to ensure a safe experience for all:
- Masks are REQUIRED at all times.
- Maintain 6ft of physical distancing at all times.
- Temperature checks and COVID-19 symptom checklists will be conducted at the gate before admittance. If any symptoms are reported or a temperature of 100.4 or greater is found, there WILL BE NO ADMITTANCE.
- Once screening has been conducted and passed you will be given a ticket to give to the athletic trainer’s conducting the blood pressure and eye-testing portion of the physical examination.
- Drivers are asked to park in the designated lot outside of the facilities, only the persons who are being tested should leave the vehicle. We are asking student athletes to return to their vehicles and wait to limit exposure risk.
- Physical forms should be downloaded and completed ahead of time and upon arrival. Links can be found above the health and safety guidelines listed in this post, or you can visit www.nps.k12.va.us/athletics to print off the correct form.
- Money will be collected by the athletic trainers when the student gets their blood pressure taken.
**All NPS staff will be adhering to the appropriate parameters set forth by the CDC and VDOH.