Corona (Covid-19) Información:
Documentos en español:
- Comparta la información sobre el COVID-19
- Qué hacer si contrae la enfermedad del coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19)
- Comunicado de prensa: Plan de distribución de comidas 15 de marzo de 2020
- Última actualización (Aprendizaje en el lugar / Distribución de comidas) 15 de marzo de 2020
National Foreign Language Week
National Foreign Language Week was inaugurated in the Spring of 1957 by Alpha Mu Gamma. Sister Eloise Therese, the National President of Alpha Mu Gamma from 1956 to 1960, discovered that such a week had never been officially celebrated in the United States as a whole, although foreign language had receive recognition by different educational institutions at various periods of the academic year. Inspired by her the National Executive Council of Alpha Mu Gamma began to formulate plans to make the United States aware of the need for and importance of foreign language study through the celebration of NFLW. The first celebration was set for the week of February 17 to 23, 1957. Each year since then the National Executive Council of AMG has set a week for this event. In recent years it has become the practice to have NFLW during the first full week of March. More National Foreign Language Week
Summer 2020 OUTBOUND Exchange Opportunities with Norfolk Sister City Association (NSCA) begins July 11 with travel to:
- Wilhelmshaven, Germany (July 11-August 2, 2020)
- Norwich, England (July 27-August 9, 2020)
- Cagayan de Oro, Philippines (August 15-August 31, 2020)
Students ages 15-18 are eligible to submit applications, due March 27th. Some scholarships are available.
For additional details and forms, please visit NSCA Exchange and Hosting Opportunities .
Darlene J. Waters
Project Manager, Family & Community Engagement for ELs
7000 West Tanners Creek Drive
Norfolk, VA | 23513
Phone (757) 852-4630, extension 3514
Fax (757) 852-4677
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.