- Children entering kindergarten must turn 5 on or before September 30 of the year in which they are enrolling.
- Parents or legal guardians must provide an original or certified birth certificate or an affidavit regarding birth for any child enrolling for the first time to any Virginia public school.
- A parent or legal guardian must provide proof of residency. (Mortgage statement, lease agreement, or current utility bill with address)
- A copy of a comprehensive physical examination from a qualified licensed physician or licensed nurse practitioner, performed within the 12 months prior to the date the student enters kindergarten or elementary school. When a physical is completed for first-time entry to kindergarten, the Virginia Form MCH-213G can be used or a similar physical form provided by the healthcare provider. If transferring from another NPS school, school division, or from out of state, a copy of such an examination must be in the previous school’s record and available upon request. The need for a physical examination does not apply to students entering secondary schools.
- Proof of immunizations for all students entering a Virginia public school must reflect the month, day, and year of immunizations. Kindergartners entering school for the first time, must have immunizations verified on either a Virginia Form MCH-213G, public health department form, or an immunization document from a qualified licensed physician or licensed nurse practitioner. For your convenience, instructions are available for completing the MCH-213G form.
- Immunization Records – documented proof of adequate immunization with the prescribed number of doses of each vaccine as required by Virginia law.
Minimum Immunization Requirements (English)
Minimum Immunization Requirements (Español)