NPS United Way Campaign 2017
Campaign Timeline: October 9 through October 27, 2017
· SAVE THE DATE: Friday, Sept. 15, 2017
· Friday, September 22: Departments and schools are notified of the annual United Way Campaign and asked to update their coordinators’ list.
· Friday, September 22: Dr. Boone’s memo is distributed to principals, other managers, and CAB administrators by the Office of Communications and Public Relations.
· Monday, September 25: Department and school employee counts, and department/school listings with the names of coordinators are updated and sent to United Way.
· Thursday, September 28: Preprinted NPS pledge cards are given to United Way along with any other campaign packet materials.
· Wednesday, October 4 at 4:00 p.m., Ruffner Academy: NPS School/Department United Way Coordinators’ training session/kickoff meeting is held.
· Thursday, October 5: School/Department Coordinators send an e-mail to their colleagues introducing themselves as the coordinator and reminding employees of the campaign’s start date (see sample e-mails in coordinator’s packet).
· Friday, October 6: School Coordinators send home with all students a flier announcing their school’s campaign and how students/families will be invited to participate (see sample flier in coordinator packet).
· Monday, October 9: CAMPAIGN BEGINS IN ALL SCHOOLS/DEPARTMENTS: Dr. Boone’s memo is sent by the Office of Communications and Public Relations to all NPS staff members regarding the beginning of the United Way campaign.
October 9 through October 27, 2016:
United Way Campaign is conducted at all schools and departments!
· October 9: School/Department United Way Coordinators distribute employee pledge cards and NPS United Way Campaign brochures to employees.
· October 9: Post Thermometer Goal chart is displayed in a prominent area and updated at least weekly as the campaign progresses.
· October 16: School/Department Coordinators send an e-mail reminder to colleagues about Week 2 of the campaign (see sample e-mails in coordinator packet).
· October 23: School/Department Coordinators send an e-mail reminder to colleagues about the final week of the campaign (see sample e-mails in coordinator packet).
· October 27: School/Department Coordinators send final, thank-you e-mail to colleagues, which also serves as a reminder that the campaign is concluding at the close of business the next day (see sample e-mails in coordinator packet).
· Nov. 15: Recap meeting with Campaign coordinators
October 27, 2016- United Way Campaign Concludes
· October 30-November 3: School’s/Department’s campaign report envelopes must be hand-delivered to the Office of Communications and Public Relations, ATTN: Anissa Turner-Randolph, Central Administration Building, 800 E. City Hall Avenue, Suite 1008. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
*SCHOOLS SHOULD NOT BRING CASH/COIN DONATIONS
TO THE OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS*
ALL CASH/COINS SHOULD BE TURNED IN TO YOUR SCHOOL OFFICE MANAGERS FOR CONVERSION INTO ONE CHECK MADE PAYABLE TO
THE UNITED WAY OF SOUTH HAMPTON ROADS.
November 24: Payroll deductions begin and encompass 15 pay periods.