NPS Specialty Programs
Norfolk Public Schools offers specialty programs in five middle schools and five high schools that appeal to multiple academic interests, from the arts to military and leadership to health specialties to science and technology. Check out our brochures for an overview of all the programs. Visit the school websites for specific information, and mark your calendars for our upcoming open house events!
Specialty Programs Showcase Night
Thursday, December 1, 2022
6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
December 1, 2022
Applications available on NPS website and all school websites.
January 31, 2023
Deadline to submit application (online).
Applicant interviews & testing, as applicable for specific programs.
April 17, 2023
Notification letters mailed to all applicants.
High School and Middle School Applications
High School and Middle School Open House Dates
Open House Dates for High School Programs:
- Academy of Visual and Performing Arts (Booker T. Washington High School) January 5, 2023, at 6:00 p.m.
- Academy of Leadership and Military Science (Lake Taylor High School) January 11, 2023, at 6:00 p.m.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (Granby High School) December 14, 2022, at 6:00 p.m.
- Leadership Center for the Sciences and Engineering (Norview High School) January 4, 2023, at 6:00 p.m.
- Medical and Health Specialties (Maury High School) December 7, 2022, at 6:00 p.m.
Open House Dates for Middle School Programs:
- Compass Academy at Ruffner February 9, 2023, at 6:00 p.m.
- Academy of International Studies (Academy of International Studies at Rosemont) January 12, 2023, at 6:00 p.m.
- International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (Academy for Discovery at Lakewood) December 14, 2022, at 6:00 p.m.
- Pre-Medical, Health, and Engineering (Blair Middle School) January 10, 2023, at 6:00 p.m.
- STEM Academy (Southside STEM Academy at Campostella) December 8, 2022, at 6:00 p.m.
- Young Scholars (Academy of International Studies at Rosemont) January 12, 2023, at 6:00 p.m.