English Learner Family Academy Coffee & Connect In-Person Returns!
ELFA Español Volantes - ELFA English Flyer
Tell us you're coming! Need Childcare? Register here!
¡Cuéntanos que vienes! ¿Necesitas cuidado de niños? ¡Registrarse aquí!
Previous ELFA Sessions
We are here to listen!
Grab your favorite beverage, settle in, and join us to decompress, connect, and share for a few moments in a family setting.
Interpretation assistance available. Please grant us 24 hours advance notice if you require another language besides English or Spanish, so that we may ensure we have the best connection possible.
November 4: Quarter 2 & You
How To: Understanding plans for Quarter 2 and attendance guidance.
Be heard. Share input.
EL Family Academy Zoom Registration / EL Family Academy Zoom Inscripción en español
Coming Soon for NPS Staff Family!
Juntos-The Key to Connecting
Embracing the unique opportunities we have now to connect with families. Let's go!
How to: Family Engagement, Cultural Climate, and Voiance Interpretation/Translation Services
→ Dates coming soon for December!
Please register in advance EL Family Academy Zoom Registration so we may prepare the best experience for you and your family!
Invitations will be sent to email addresses supplied in the field below in your registration.
Emails addresses may be added to future mailings for EL Family Academy opportunities. We look forward to connecting with you!
Questions may be emailed to email@example.com
The final insallment of the current series of English Learner Family Academy (ELFA) session was held Saturday, November 16, 2019 at Oceanair Elementary. We look forward to another series of workshops in the New Year! Please check back here for updates to be posted, or join our mailing list by using the registration form below
The EL Family Academy
- Six sessions of two-three primary content areas
- Designed to empower and support EL students and families
- Childcare is provided free of charge.
Fall 2019 Academy Content Focus
Technology Goes Home
• Tracking student grades and attendance online
• Communicating with teachers, counselors through email
• Searching online for web-based, family resources
• Teaming with Information Division to learn about free/low cost internet
• Downloading your free licensed Microsoft suite applications from NPS
• Building literacy of EL families, teaming with NPS and Norfolk Public Library
• Engaging families in student academic progress
• Advocating for family wellness education with School Nutrition and Norfolk Public Health
• Role-Play How-To's: Parent/Teacher Conferences, Meetings
For questions, please email ESLsupport@nps.k12.va.us or phone the ESL Office at (757) 852-4630, extension 3514.