We are excited to offer friends, families, and staff of NPS ESL students opportunities to partner with us through the 2020-2021 English Learner (EL) Family Academy. Please share your interests for attendance at future or current events by pre-registering here. Thank you!
Please register in advance EL Family Academy Zoom Registration EL Family Academy Zoom Inscripción en español so we may prepare the best experience for you and your family!
August 15, Hotcakes and Hot Takes, Virtual Family Brunch
We are here to listen! Tell us:
• How are you?
• How was your week?
• How can we help your student?
Grab your favorite brunch & beverage, settle in, and join us to decompress, connect, and share for a few moments in a family setting.
Interpretation assistance available. Please grant us 24 hours advance notice if you require another language besides English or Spanish, so that we may ensure we have the best connection possible.
• Ready, Set, Remote Learning!
How To: Navigating assignments, grades and attendance online, Zoom With Us, Part I
• Communicating & Connecting, Zoom With Us Part II
How To: Reach teachers, your school, & counselors
• Family wellness education with School Nutrition and Norfolk Public Health
How To: Using online, web-based family resources for student success
• Teaming with Information Division
-Reporting technology issues
-Downloading your free licensed Microsoft suite applications from NPS
Invitations will be sent to email addresses supplied in the field below.
Emails may be added to future mailings for EL Family Academy opportunities. We look forward to connecting with you!
Questions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The final insallment of the current series of English Learner Family Academy (ELFA) session was held Saturday, November 16, 2019 at Oceanair Elementary. We look forward to another series of workshops in the New Year! Please check back here for updates to be posted, or join our mailing list by using the registration form below.
Please register in advance EL Family Academy Zoom Registration so we may prepare the best experience for you and your family!
The EL Family Academy
- Six sessions of two-three primary content areas
- Designed to empower and support EL students and families
- Childcare is provided free of charge.
Fall 2019 Academy Content Focus
Technology Goes Home
• Tracking student grades and attendance online
• Communicating with teachers, counselors through email
• Searching online for web-based, family resources
• Teaming with Information Division to learn about free/low cost internet
• Downloading your free licensed Microsoft suite applications from NPS
• Building literacy of EL families, teaming with NPS and Norfolk Public Library
• Engaging families in student academic progress
• Advocating for family wellness education with School Nutrition and Norfolk Public Health
• Role-Play How-To's: Parent/Teacher Conferences, Meetings
For questions, please email ESLsupport@nps.k12.va.us or phone the ESL Office at (757) 852-4630, extension 3514.