Extra Extra...Read All About It!
4 Weeks +8 Courses+ Your Scholar(s)=Junior University
Teacher of the Year...is an AMAZING School Counselor!
Teacher of the Year...is a School Counselor!
NPS School Counseling Mission Statement
The school counseling program, based on national, state, and local standards in collaboration with all stakeholders (students, parents, faculty, community members, and local businesses), has been developed to ensure that all students (K-12) regardless of individual differences acquire the academic, career and personal/social competencies needed to access exciting options and opportunities upon graduation in order to become successful, productive contributors to society.
NPS Mission Statement
The mission of Norfolk Public Schools, the cornerstone of a proudly diverse community, is to ensure that all students maximize their academic potential, develop skills for lifelong learning and are successful contributors to a global society, as distinguished by:
- Courageous advocacy for all students
- Family and community investment
- Data-driven personalized learning
- Strong and effective leadership teams
- Shared responsibility for Teaching and Learning
- Access to rigorous and rewarding college and career readiness opportunities
NPS Board and Division Priorities
- Ensure full accreditation
- Increase academic achievement of all students--raise floor and ceiling simultaneously to close achievement gaps
- Improve climate, safety and attendance
- Become a School Board of Distinction
- Promote Norfolk Public Schools to reflect outstanding accomplishments of staff, teachers and students
- Develop and coordinate a capital improvement plan for facilities and technology to enhance teaching and learning
- Attract, retain, and help to develop strong academic families and highly qualified teachers and staff