Athletic Return/Covid Information
Parents/guardians and student athletes must:
1. Review Athletic return/Covid information by watching this video. (See link below)
2. Sign an acknowledgment letter. After the video, a parent/athlete letter will appear. READ, PRINT and SIGN the letter acknowledging Covid19 information. This letter must be returned to the school’s athletic director before the student athlete is allowed to participate.
3. Remember to watch video (click on button below) and sign the acknowledgment letter. Return the acknowledgment letter to your athletic director.
The following health metrics will be reviewed daily by NPS’ Senior Coordinator of Athletics:
1. Total number of new cases per 100,000 persons in the last 14 days
2. Percentage of RT-PCR tests that are positive during the last 14 days
If NPS remains in the current status of RED/ORANGE: Winter athletics can proceed (RT-PCR less than 10%)
If NPS increases to a status of RED/RED: Winter athletics must pause IMMEDIATELY (A return to athletics can happen when health metrics have less than 10% in RT-PCR for 7 consecutive days and the status is RED/ORANGE or a lighter color of the health metric chart is achieved.)
As the division’s daily figures are released, the Senior Coordinator of Athletics will notify all principals and AD’s of the status of athletics for the day.
The Virginia High School League (VHSL) has released information on the impact updated statewide measures and recommendations to contain COVID-19 will have on VHSL sports and activities. The clarification specifically outlines the guidelines for wearing facemasks and spectators attending athletic competitions. The full release can be downloaded here.