School Nutrition Substitutes – Most school nutrition employees begin as substitutes. This position is responsible for preparing, cooking and serving food items in compliance with Norfolk Public Schools, USDA, local, state and federal policies, procedures, rules, regulations, and guidelines; in a school cafeteria.
HOW DO I APPLY?
1. Please apply online on Norfolk Public Schools Career Portal.
2. After filling out an application, attend a School Nutrition Substitute Orientation.
7:30 am every Wednesday July 23 through September
School Nutrition Office
974 Bellmore Ave Norfolk VA
NO orientation will be held on August 22
During the orientation you will interview for the School Nutrition Substitute position and learn more information on daily tasks and activities of the position as well as the department’s expectations and policies.
WHY NORFOLK PUBLIC SCHOOLS – SCHOOL NUTRITION DEPARTMENT?
- Flexible hours
- Opportunity for advancement
- Great benefits for full-time employees: medical, life insurance, retirement
- School schedule (off summer and most holidays)
- Supportive, friendly work environment
- Supportive supervisory TEAM
- An opportunity to serve America’s future – our children
- Continued training opportunities throughout the year
We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information, call 628-2750.