Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) Click here for the SEAC application.
The Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) is an opportunity for parents/guardians to have a voice in the way Norfolk Public Schools provides services to students with disabilities. SEAC is a collaborative team of parents/guardians of children with disabilities, individuals with disabilities, at least one teacher representative, and community representatives or stakeholders. The Senior Director of Learning Support-Special Education Services and/or a designee serves as a consultant to the committee.
· Advises the school division of needs related to the education of children with disabilities;
· Participates in the development of priorities and strategies for meeting the identified needs of children with disabilities;
· Submits periodic reports and recommendations regarding the education of children with disabilities to the superintendent for transmission to the School Board;
· Assists the school division in interpreting plans to the community for meeting the needs of children with disabilities for educational services;
· Reviews the policies and procedures related to provision of special education and related services prior to adoption by the School Board; and
· Participates in the review of the school division's annual plan.
Meeting dates, agendas, and approved minutes are posted on the NPS website at www.npsk12.com/Page/1918.
To learn more about “BCF-RC. SPECIAL EDUCATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE TO THE SCHOOL BOARD” click on this link.