CAREER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE TO THE SCHOOL BOARD
The Career and Technical Education Advisory Committee (CTEAC) duties and responsibilities of the advisory committee shall be to:
- Develop methods by which committee members may most effectively function as channels of communication between the schools and the total community;
- Influence the expansion and quality of technical and career education programs in the schools.;
- Provide liaison service that unifies the educational program of the schools toward meeting universal and common technical and career education needs of students, industry, and the community;
- Formulate means by which the committee may act as advisors and consultants to all groups, to school guidance departments, and the total community concerning technical and career education preparation and opportunities; and
- Encourage the cooperation of employers to seek applicants from among qualified youth, without regard to race, creed, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, or disability.
B.Members/Term of Office/Appointment
- The membership of the committee will include approximately twenty-one (21) adult members, without regard to race, creed, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, or disability, as evenly distributed as possible, representing business, industry, labor, management, government, and education.
- The term of members shall be for three (3) years. With the recommendation of the nominating committee and the approval of the Superintendent, members shall have the option to serve additional terms. Officers shall serve to the end of their tenure of office.
- The membership of the committee shall be appointed by the Superintendent selected from a list presented by the nominating committee.
School personnel involved in technical and career education shall be appointed as ex-officio members of the committee and shall include the Director of Technical and Career Education, the Director of the Technical and Career Education Center, the Director of the Advanced Technology Center, the coordinator for the Governor’s STEM and Technology Academy, technical and career education coordinators, and other personnel designated by the Director of Technical and Career Education. Ex-officio members shall not have voting privileges.
The committee shall meet quarterly in September, November, February, and May on a regularly scheduled basis, or as otherwise directed by the committee’s chairman.
To learn more BCFC. CAREER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE TO THE SCHOOL BOARD, click on this link: https://bit.ly/2Ogk57F.
To apply, click on the link: CTEAC Application