About the Tour
The "Transition Tour Bus" is a post-secondary transition event sponsored by the Department of Learning Support-Special Education Services.
It is a post-secondary transition planning event intended to provide information for currently enrolled adult students or parents of students with intellectual disabilities, multiple disabilities, and/or autism receiving services through an Individualized Education Program (IEP), who are participating in the Virginia Essentialized Standards of Learning (VESOL) curriculum, and who would benefit from access to information related to:
- Assisted living or adult care facilities
- Supported employment opportunities
- Post-secondary options or alternatives to college for persons with disabilities
Date: August 4, 2022
Time: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Location: Participants meet at Lake Taylor High School (LTHS)
1384 Kempsville Rd
Norfolk, VA 23502
Who Can Attend?
- Adult students and parents/guardians meeting the description above
- The adult student (age 18- 21)
- Parents/Guardians with post-secondary transition-age students (14-21 years old)
- A 16 or 17 year old may attend WITH the parent/guardian
Note: The parent/guardian is responsible for the student's supervision throughout the event and should keep in mind that this is a day long informational event. Please give consideration to your student's individual developmental and personal needs as well as their level of endurance and engagement when determining if this event is appropriate.