NAVAL JUNIOR RESERVE OFFICER TRAINING CORPS (NJROTC) PROGRAM
"Welcome to Booker T. Washington High School NJROTC Unit. The school is steeped in tradition, whose history dates back to 1972. The cadets are indeed a member of a special unit."
"The cadets own sincere interest, effort, positive attitude and initiative are a measure of success. Enthusiasm and cooperation will result in your development and improvement. The high standards, which are set here at Booker T. Washington, will help you be successful in life. The NSI’s, mentors and other senior cadets will assist you in attaining goals that you set for yourself."
Excerpt from BTW NJROTC Guidebook
Goals and Objectives
The goals as established for the NJROTC Program center on learning the basic elements and requirements for national security and the personal obligations of American citizens to contribute toward national security. Basic objectives are as follows:
- Develop informed, responsible and patriotic citizens.
- Strengthen character.
- Promote an appreciation and understanding of basic elements and requirements for national security.
- Help instill habits of self-discipline.
- Develop respect for, and understanding of, the need for constituted authority in a democratic society.
- Develop an interest in the military service as a possible career.
Jason Houser, LCDR, USN, RET
Senior Naval Science Instructor
757-628-3577 ext: 3035
Angel Malone, ITC, USN, RET
Naval Science Instructor