Library Media Specialist Services
I can provide instruction
- book talks
- reading guidance
- information literacy instruction
- organization of both print and electronic information
- electronic searching of available catalogs and databases
- appreciation of information and literature
- determining the most appropriate information sources for the task
- determining information relevance for the task
- the research process
- evaluation of one's research process
- evaluation of web sites' authority and accuracy
- reference skills (especially to verify web site accuracy),
- technology instruction, and more...
I want to partner with you in planning, designing curriculum, teaching, and assessing students' work.
- Do you have a new unit coming up?
- Do you have a unit that needs a change and more student involvement?
- Do you need a topic bibliography?
- Are you wondering how much to expect of students when researching?
- Are students citing their sources appropriately when they research?
I select material and manage collection development and cataloging, and can help you find:
- book reviews
- outstanding books
- sources for purchase for student research on a given topic
- articles or other resources for your professional development
- sources for curricular planning
- appropriate online databases and websites