The mission/vision of Booker T. Washington High School is the same as the mission/vision of Norfolk Public Schools. The mission of Norfolk Public Schools, the corner stone of a proudly diverse community, is to ensure that all students maximize their academic potential, develop skills for lifelong learning and are successful contributors to a global society as distinguished by:
• Courageous advocacy for all students
• Family and community investment
• Data-driven personalized learning
• Strong and effective leadership teams
• Shared responsibility for teaching and learning
• Access to rigorous and rewarding college and career readiness opportunities
The primary goals of the NPS School Counseling program (and the Booker T. Washington School Counseling and Guidance Department) are to ensure students are academically successful and prepared for college and/or the world of work upon graduation. Professional School Counselors offer a comprehensive program, based on the VDOE School Counseling Standards, which promotes career and college readiness, academic achievement, and the personal/social development of each student. These activities are organized to help students attain, develop, and demonstrate competencies in learning (academic domain), earning (college and career domain), and living (personal/social domain).