Need an Instrument?
If you are in need of an instrument for band there are three options available:
- Purchasing your own instrument
- You may rent from a local store (with option to apply all rental to a later purchase).
- Most instruments are available through the school with no charge. The quality and age of these instruments is not guaranteed.
Some things to consider when purchasing your own instrument:
- Recommended for students who have already started playing an instrument and have shown an increased instrument in band
- Owning an instrument encourages the student and helps him/her feel more responsible for his/her own development
- Cheaper than renting an instrument over time.
Some things to consider when renting an instrument from a store:
- Students are guaranteed a new, or like new instrument
- In most situations, the instrument rentals are rent to own
- If the instrument needs to be repaired, a loaner instrument can usually be provided (depending on the instrument)
Some things to consider when renting an instrument from the school:
- While all instruments are playable, that does not guarantee they are in great condition
- Some instruments are quite old and do not look as nice as newer instruments
- If an instrument needs repair, a loaner instrument is not always guaranteed
Attention Band and Orchestra Families: 7th and 8th grade students will pick up their instruments this week. Please make sure you have filled out the online Lease & Loan Agreement Form that has been sent to both students and parents/guardians. No instrument will be issued without it. There will also be hard copies available in-person during the designated times. At the instrument distribution, you will receive instruments, instrument accessories, and a method book. You will enter through the front doors and exit through the doors located by the band room. We will be following COVID-19 guidelines such as wearing masks and staying 6-feet apart. Here is the schedule: · 8th Grade: Monday, September 21, 2020 @ 3:00pm-5:00pm - AGMS · 7th Grade: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 @ 3:00pm-5:00pm - AGMS · 7/8 Grade Make-Up Day: Wednesday, September 23, 2020 @ 3:00pm-4:15pm · 7/8 Grade Make-Up Day: Thursday, September 24, 2020 @ 3:00pm-4:15pm