Find It Fast
December 12, 2023
10:00 AM - 10:45 AM Chat & Chew w/ Mr. Gates and Mrs. Sivells
December 20, 2023
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM Santa Pictures
December 21, 2023
9:30 AM - 3:45 PM Winter Performances
December 25, 2023
December 26, 2023
December 27, 2023
December 28, 2023
December 29, 2023
December 30, 2023
December 31, 2023
January 1, 2024
January 2, 2024
January 3, 2024
January 4, 2024
January 5, 2024
🐳 At Willoughby, we teach the heart and the mind.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Willoughby Early Childhood Center is committed to providing a challenging learning environment that fosters every child's social, emotional and intellectual growth and promotes lifelong learning.
WECC primary focus is developing the whole child emotionally and socially by teaching and modeling research based strategies and reinforcing positive interactions between the adult/child and peer/peer in every classroom, every day, for every student – no exception.
STUDENT FRIENDLY INSTRUCTIONAL FOCUS
At Willoughby, we teach the heart and the mind.
🐳 2023-2024 Willoughby ECC Early Literacy SMART Goals
- By the end of the 2023-2024 school year, 85% of Prekindergarten 4 students will score in the Growing Skills Development Band in Letter Names (Uppercase & Lowercase) on the PALS assessment (PK4). The Growing Range score is 22 - 43 Letter Names.
- By the end of the 2023-2024 school year, 85% of Prekindergarten 3 students will score in the Growing Skills Development Band in Letter Names (Uppercase & Lowercase) on the PALS assessment. The Growing Range score (TBD).
- The other 15% of PK 4 students will recognize 12 - 21 Letter Names.
- The other 15% of PK 3 students will recognize 1- 5 Letter Names.
- PK teachers will administer the PALS assessment in the Fall 2023, Mid-Year 2024, and Spring 2024. Common Formative Assessments (CFA) will be administered in between division-wide testing dates.
- 2023-2024 Willoughby ECC Social and Emotional SMART Goal –
- By the end of the 2023-2024 school year, students who attended Willoughby ECC from September to June, will show growth with (1) Self-Regulation, (2) Expressing Wants and Needs, (3) Recognizing and Expressing Emotions, (4) Social Skills, and (5) Social Communication.
- PK 3 and PK 4 Teachers will administer the Children’s Behavior Rating Scale (CBRS) Fall 2023, Mid-Year 2024, and Spring 2024.
- Early Childhood Special Education teachers will administer the AEPSI to students with disabilities Fall 2023 and Spring 2024. The rating scale ranges from 0-5.