Welcome to the Larchmont School Library
The Larchmont school library is truly the heart of the school. Students are coming and going independently all day for many and varied learning opportunities. In just the first month of school in 2016, the student body of only 550 students, checked out 6,577 material items. The Larchmont school media specialist and assistant have student learning at the forefront of everything they do. The library program provides opportunities for students to:
- To appreciate literature and develop critical and creative thinking through Makerspace activities;
- To learn creative thinking skills
- To become critical seekers of information and ideas; and
- To use instructional and educational technology effectively so students may become independent lifelong learners and decision makers.
Reading Advocacy Opportunities at Larchmont School
- Reading Clubs (Battle of the Books, Virginia Readers’ Choice)
- Reading Contest (100 Book Challenge)
- Booktalking on WLES
- Bookworms (book review for Virginian Pilot)
- Trivia games based on books
- Literary Pumpkins
Hours of Operation
8:30 to 3:30
Click here to visit Norfolk Public School's Reference Resources Page.
Click here to visit Destiny, Larchmont Elementary Media Center's online catalog.
Click here to visit Destiny Discover, Larchmont ebook collection.