As we continue into the 2021-2022 school year, we push to maintain a positive relationship with the surrounding communities of ADL. Parents please remember vehicle etiquette when dropping off your student to ensure student safety. Some examples of dropoff/pickup etiquette are as follows:
- Refraining from blocking intersections and driveways
- Utilizing the school dropoff area instead of creating your own in the neighborhoods
- Maintaining school zone speed limits
In order to alleviate some of the morning traffic:
- ADL is open for student drop off 7:30am using the parent dropoff/pickup entrance. Students will then be directed to the auditorium where they will be monitored by staff until homeroom.
- Beginning Tuesday, February 1, parents the Tidewater Drive Drop-Off loop will be available for use in the morning from 7:45-8:10. This loop is directly connected to Tidewater Drive. Note, this is a small loop that can be entered from West bound TIdwewater Drive. When exiting, cars must continue west bound.
Our afternoon pickup line has improved drastically and is clear by 3:00 daily (15 minutes from start to finish). If you originally had your student as a "walker" to avoid the line of parent pickup please reconsider using it and not parking in the neighborhoods.