Central School of Practical Nursing
The Central School of Practical Nursing (CSPN) is an Interactive Learning Environment: knowledge, skills and attitudes can best be developed through the correlation of theory and practice. When students join the faculty in taking responsibility for their learning, true learning takes place.
CSPN is approved by the Virginia Board of Nursing and the Virginia Department of Education Career and Technical Division and accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN).
The program prepares graduates for a career in practical nursing. Upon completion of Level I, the student is eligible to take the test to become a certified nursing assistant (CNA). Upon completion of the program, the graduate is eligible to take the National Council of Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN).
The Nursing Program covers two-nine month periods. The first nine months, Level I, runs from September to June. Classes are DAY classes held every other day. Students learn to integrate theory and skills labs. The last part of the course has a clinical component.
The second nine months, Level II, begins in August and ends in May. Classes meet every day. Students learn to integrate theory and clinical throughout.
- Tuition Cost-*$8,600 ($4,200 1st Semester; $4,400 2nd Semester) *Adults and post-graduates who meet specific income qualifications may be able to receive PELL Grants and/or tuition vouchers to help defray the cost of tuition.
- 18-Month Program broken up into two nine-month periods
Day Classes Only
- Level I - 1st Nine Months Every Other Day 8:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Level II - 2nd Nine Months Every Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS REQUIREMENTS
- Rising high school senior
- 2.25 GPA
ADULT STUDENTS REQUIREMENTS
- Completed Application
- Official High School or GED Transcript
- Post-Secondary Transcripts Accepted
- Three Professional/Academic References (No friends/No family)
- $65 Non-Refundable Fee
- 60% or Better on TEAS Test
- Professional Interview
- CNA Qualified Applicants must still complete the entire program
Please contact our office (757)892-3300 to learn more about the CSPN program.
Meet Our Faculty:
Guia Caliwagan, EdS, MAN, RN
Level I Instructor
Nadia Wright, MSN, RN
Level II Instructor
Amelita Villarete, BSN, RN
Certified to Operate by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV)