The mission of Norfolk Public Schools, the cornerstone of a proudly diverse community, is to ensure that all students maximize their academic potential, develop skills for lifelong learning and are successful contributors to a global society, as distinguished by: • Courageous advocacy for all students
• Family and community investment
• Data-driven personalized learning
• Strong and effective leadership teams
• Shared responsibility for teaching and learning
• Access to rigorous and rewarding college and career readiness opportunities
Board & Division Priorities
• Ensure full accreditation
• Increase academic achievement of all students – raise floor and ceiling simultaneously to close achievement gaps
• Improve climate, safety & attendance
• Become a School Board of Distinction
• Promote Norfolk Public Schools to reflect outstanding accomplishments of staff, teachers and students
• Develop and coordinate a capital improvement plan for facilities and technology to enhance teaching and learning
• Attract, retain, and help to develop strong academic families and highly qualified teachers and staff
What's Happening in NPS
Tuesday, Dec. 1 Swearing-In ceremony for Dr. Melinda Boone, Superintendent of Schools, School Administration Building, School Board Room 1202.
Wednesday, Dec. 2: School Board work session, School Board Room, Suite 1202, 4 to 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Dec. 2: Public Hearing on the 2016-17 Budget, 7 p.m.