The mission of Norfolk Public Schools, the cornerstone of a proudly diverse community, is to ensure that all students maximize their academic potential, develop skills for lifelong learning and are successful contributors to a global society, as distinguished by: • Courageous advocacy for all students
• Family and community investment
• Data-driven personalized learning
• Strong and effective leadership teams
• Shared responsibility for teaching and learning
• Access to rigorous and rewarding college and career readiness opportunities
Board & Division Priorities
• Ensure full accreditation
• Increase academic achievement of all students
• Improve climate, safety & attendance
• Become a School Board of Distinction
• Promote Norfolk Public Schools to reflect outstanding accomplishments of staff, teachers and students
• Develop and coordinate a capital improvement plan for facilities and technology to enhance teaching and learning
• Attract, retain, and help to develop strong academic families and highly qualified teachers and staff
What's Happening in NPS
All Month: Music in Our Schools, Middle Level Education and Youth Art months
April 21-25: Administrative Professionals, Student Leadership and School Volunteers week.
April 22-30: All parents are invited to participate in NPS' PreK and Kindergarten Roundup at select high schools from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. (Dinner will be served). Click herefor location dates/times.
Monday, April 28: Public hearing regarding the closure of Lafayette-Winona Middle School, 6 p.m. at Lafayette-Winona, 1701 Alsace Ave. Visit www.npsk12.com/transformation to read more about the NPS Transformation Initiative, which will transform Lafayette-Winona into a divisionwide choice school offering a pre-International Baccalaureate program and serving grades 3-8.