Norfolk Public Schools wants to ensure a safe return to in-person instruction and division operations, these key health mitigation strategies will continue to be followed:
- Masks will be a requirement for all students and staff while at the bus stop, on the bus, and in school when not eating or drinking.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE – i.e. face shields, gloves, wipes, sanitizer, etc.) will be available for teachers and staff.
- Desks in classrooms will be set up at least 6 feet apart and movement in hallways will be structured to assist students with appropriately practicing social distancing.
- Hand washing and use of hand sanitizer will be taught to younger students and expected of older students.
- Buildings will be sanitized on a daily basis.
Check for the Following COVID-19 Symptoms
My Child Has a Symptom - What Should I Do?
- Stay home
- Notify your child’s school
- If anyone in the household is sick, please keep all children at home
- Shortness of breath
- Seek medical attention, if needed
- Temperature of 100.4°F and over
Protocol for Reports of Positive Cases: Upon the report of a positive COVID-19 case or exposure in a building, existing protocols for contact tracing and sanitization will be immediately implemented. In the instance that a classroom, section(s) of a school and/or an entire school needs to be closed temporarily to control any type of an outbreak, parents will be notified and students will return to the virtual learning setting until the sanitization process is complete. Additionally, plans are in place at each school to have an isolation room for students who are showing symptoms of COVID-19 to remain until they can be picked up from school. Parents are reminded to monitor their student’s health to watch for symptoms prior to arrival at school each day: