The mission/goal of the media center at Ghent School is for all students to become lifelong learners and self-motivated readers by developing an appreciation for various types of literature and information presented in a variety of formats.
- Select appropriate materials for reading enjoyment or completion of classroom assignments.
- Improve their reading skills.
- Identify a variety of literary genres.
- Develop knowledge of research skills and materials.
- Access information using printed text, video, electronic resources, the Internet and other available technology.
The media center is opened Monday-Friday from 8am-3:15pm.