A little history of our school:
Suburban Park Elementary was a neighborhood school that opened in January of 1955 with 22 classrooms and served first through seventh grades. The first principal was Frances Whitley. Fast forward to today and our high expectations remain the same. We uphold our goals at the highest level:
Norfolk Public Schools Mission Statement
The mission of Norfolk Public Schools, the cornerstone
of a proudly diverse community, is to ensure that all
students maximize their academic potential, develop
skills for lifelong learning and are successful contributors
to a global society, as distiguished by:
Courageous advocacy for all students
- Family and community investment
- Data-driven personalized learning
- Strong and effective leadership teams
- Shared Responsibility for teaching and learning
- Access to rigorous and rewarding college and
career readiness opportunities
All students pass local, state and national assessments
at levels which meet and are continuously progressing
toward exceeding established standards.
- All students identify their dreams, and have no limits
in the pursuit of their fullest potential.
- All of our students graduate and succeed in their endeavors
in higher education, the workforce, and/or the community.
- All of our students are responsible citizens, serve the community,
and demonstrate the highest ethical standards.